Re: [TCLUG:15773] RHat, Suse, Mandrake hmmm which to buy

Kevin Bullock wrote:> I am going to be taking C classes in the fall and would
like to do more of

> > that on the linux box does anyone know if there is a flavor of linux with
> > a gui type compiler?
>
> Eww... ;p
>
> \protect{\begin{editorwarfare}
> I'm gonna plug Emacs here (probably XEmacs), because it does a lot of fun
> GUI-type stuff, including being able to build within the editor, and yet
> doesn't lose the hacker-feel. ;p And it does syntax highlighting, etc...
> \end{editorwarfare}}

  I, though currently somewhat "out of the loop"
as far as coding goes, would have to agree.
Out of the loop as I haven't coded anything
in about or year or so, but when I did code
I used Xemacs almost exclusively.
  Once in a blue moon I would boot Win, and run MSVC...
But that was mainly for debugging.  I hated _adding_ code
under MSVC.
RS