Re: [TCLUG:16725] Linux with ISDN

The NT-1 goes onto the telco side of the modem and allows you to connect
to the ISDN network.  ISDN routers usually come with these but modems
usually don't.  If you have an ISDN BRI U interface then you have the
NT-1, but if you have a BRI S/T interface then you need an NT-1.

The external i-modem uses a regular serial port, so unless you get
something like a fancy high-speed serial port you won't be able to get
more than 115k from it (although ISDN will probably still operate at
128).  Not sure about the internals, never used em.  You can get
high-speed serial (like Rocketport, I think) that will do more than 115k
over a serial port interface.