Re: [TCLUG:13669] HTML form, servlets: Lynx vs Netscape

Bob Tanner wrote:

> Anyone know of any reason why an html form, using a servlet as the backend
> (POST) would work fine under Netscape, but not under Lynx?
>
> I don't mean a programming error either.
>
> Under lynx, it just "HTTP request sent; waiting for response.", but why Lynx
> is just hanging here, I can use Netscape to my hearts delight and the form
> works perfectly.
>
> Just test with IE, it does not work either. Just like Lynx. Any ideas?

I seem to remember something about Netscape sending header information
differently than the other browsers. (Something about the ordering of
information.) I'm not sure if that was just a bug in one version, or
Netscape's standard.

Has the servlet worked before? Any way to debug it?

Clay