Re: [TCLUG:13669] HTML form, servlets: Lynx vs Netscape

Clay Fandre wrote:
> Bob Tanner wrote:
> > Anyone know of any reason why an html form, using a servlet as the backend
> > (POST) would work fine under Netscape, but not under Lynx?
> > I don't mean a programming error either.
> > Under lynx, it just "HTTP request sent; waiting for response.", but why Lynx
> > is just hanging here, I can use Netscape to my hearts delight and the form
> > works perfectly.
> > Just test with IE, it does not work either. Just like Lynx. Any ideas?
> I seem to remember something about Netscape sending header information
> differently than the other browsers. (Something about the ordering of
> information.) I'm not sure if that was just a bug in one version, or
> Netscape's standard.
> Has the servlet worked before? Any way to debug it?

Bob,

I have read that some versions of some browsers are _much_ more
sensitive to the order in which headers are provided (IE was supposed to
be sensitive, Netscape wasn't, the spec said it shouldn't matter IIRC).
The headers on the response from the servlet may be coming in an order
Lynx and IE don't like. If you are explicitly emitting the headers it
might be something to check out. Good luck,

Troy

--
# Where would you find a grain of salt big