Re: [TCLUG:13828] cheap networking hardware

>That's like the picture I once saw where a DEC employee took an old VAX
>and made it into a bar.  They showed him and his bar when it was on
>display at a DEC User Group Conferance.

http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~vance/www/vaxbar.html

I had only remembered the picture of the Marilyn Monroe look-alike draping
herself over it. :)

what would be cool, would be to hide a laptop somewhere in it; install x86
VMS on it (or make Linux look like VMS); hook up some serial terms to it;
and offer people a chance to sit at a VAX "just for nostalgia value"... then
pull open the case and offer them a drink. :)

Carl Soderstrom
still fondly remembering the VAX 4000 from Winona State U days...
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (612) 682-1091