Re: [TCLUG:12423] CD writing software....

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Gabe Turner wrote:

> I just got a new CDR today (a PLextor PlexWriter 8 write/20 read), and I was just
> wondering what you guys suggest for making/burning images.  Sure I could go the
> mkisofs/cdrecord route, but it's nice to have a front-end (call me lazy).  I've
> used Xcdroast, and it works fine, but it seems pretty clunky.  I've also used
> gcombust, but the version i used didn't seem to be able to create images.  TIA!

CDR-toaster works well for me. The UI is horrible (the author uses cutsie
labels on the buttons), but I've gotten reliable burns with it.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson        | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S. | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/