Re: [TCLUG:12432] lilo troubles of my own

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Adam Maloney wrote:

> I want it to be C...that's the problem.  I want to boot off of the SCSI
> drive, ID 6. There's no other drives in the system, (except floppy) just
> the SCSI drive on ID6, and the adapter on 7.  It seems like the adapter
> is trying to load LILO from the drive, but it says Missing Operating
> System.

Sorry if you already stated this, but have you ever gotten this system to
boot from SCSI before?  It sounds to me like perhaps your BIOS and SCSI
adapter are not talking, but I could be wrong.  If the BIOS went to the
MBR and found a drive that had no loadable image (of any type), that would
give the error you describe, no?  If you use a boot floppy, and pass
root=/dev/(sda1), does it come up OK?

Phil M.

---
Life is complex: