Re: [TCLUG:12613] Reasons not to use Apache?

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 11:53:50PM -0600, Dave Sherohman wrote:

> No, he considers the primary relistic threat to be a trusted user of
> 'his' network who shouldn't have been trusted.  If someone were to
> do that, he would recognize that he made an error in allowing the
> person running the sniffer access to the network.  So long as he
> does his job correctly and only hires trustworthy people, encryption
> is just a waste of CPU cycles.  (Granted, he does admit that the
> 'just don't hire non-trustworthy people' plan breaks down once
> you're sending stuff over the internet, but I get the distinct
> impression that he's going to need proof of an actual threat before
> he's willing to do anything about real security.)

	Ahh, so then we need collaboration from the ISP your company
uses.  If thy're small, and you explain your motives, they might be
willing.  After all, it's good for them if your company is more secure.

	Another thing to do would be to go onto an IRC hax0r forum from
your company's IP.  :-)

*chuckle*,
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature