Re: [TCLUG:12617] Full vs 1/2 Duplex

> As long as your switch or hub can handle full duplex you can use it when
> ever you want as long as both ends are set up for it.

Use a switch, it makes things easy. =)

My switch is nice for smaller LAN parties. 10 10baseT ports and two
10/100 autosencing ports. A series of dip switches on back allow to
switch between full and half duplex on each port. Pretty sure we didn't
have any collisions at the last lan party on the switch. (The hubs
attached to the switch are a different story)

If you're running full duplex, you get 20 or 200 mbs, half you get 10 or
100 (dependion on NIC and port) Don't know much else, yet. =)