Aureal's Soundcard Drivers

Anyone gotten Aureal's sound card drivers to work yet? I figured I could
afford to drop $50 on a card w/ Optical S/PDIF as long as it was
somewhat supported under linux. So far the drivers compiled and plugged
into the kernel just fine, but I get no sound, and lots of these errors:

au88xx: unsupported data format: 64
au88xx: unsupported data format: 64
au88xx: unsupported data format: 128
au88xx: unsupported data format: 128

On other notes, after using the a3d card last night with half life, I
suggest not enabling a3d support. It started dropping frames like mad
with it enabled, and I had to drop resoultion from 1024x768 to 800x600
for it to be playable, but as soon as I ran into three marines the
framerate dropped to slowmo again. Going to try the latest drivers and
hope they improve things.