Re: [TCLUG:18474] Internet to your Sailboat (was: mp3 pirate)

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, andrew nemchenko wrote:

> Well if you had any imagination you would figure out that a part of the
> tower would be above water. You know like the Oil rigs. Except it would be
> anchored to the sea floor and have a cable running to the bottom.

I wouldn't blow a gasket over this or anything -- it's all pretty silly
from the git-go, and we all know it.  That said, I must have used up all
my imagination imagining these ubiquitous undersea cables in the first
place.  If you look at the area of the ocean vs the area of a cable,
you'll find that they are more scarce than gold.

Anyway, I'd be happy getting coverage on Big Marine Lake.  Last I checked,
there's no outlet to any major oceans.  Unfortunately, the only cables on
the bottom would have be water ski tow cables.  Drat.

Cheers,
PM

--
Lottery:    a tax on people who are bad at math