Re: [TCLUG:23243] ftp.mn-linux.org troubles

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 12:31:47PM -0600, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> This is a vendor specific option.  Try to get PostgreSQL to do this for
> instance.  Another instance is a fileserver.  There is nothing stopping a
> user from trying to copy a DVD file over to the server.
>
> Tom Veldhouse
> veldy@veldy.net

Does anyone know how they fixed the 2 GB limit in the new filesystems
coming out (XFS, ReiserFS, ext3, etc)?  Did they just allow the file size
in bytes to flow over to another word or something?  I know I've had
files between 2 and 4 GB on *BSD machines (running FFS) without problems.

Gabe
Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp@acm.cs.umn.edu

"I know everything there is to know about monkeys since I have seen
 every Tarzan movie ever made!"
				- Ren Hoek in "Monkey See, Monkey Don't"