Re: [TCLUG:4011] InternetConnection

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Shawn R. Waite wrote:

> I have a question along these lines as well.  I was able to use my modem
> under Slackware using Seyon.  I have now put RH5.2 on and I have tried
> using Minicom to get the initialization strings and whatnot for my
> modem, but it doesn't do anything.  Is it possible to get Seyon for RH?
>
> Thanks a lot!

Slackware used to ask me which port my modem was on at install time.  So
I'd tell it COM2, or /dev/cua1, and it would create a symbolic link from
/dev/cua1 to /dev/modem.

In RedHat, you have to set the link manually if you're using software that
depends on /dev/modem being there.

Not sure if that's any help to you, Shawn.  Just a thought.

Chris