Re: [TCLUG:4325] domain name serving question.

You say that you have registered the domain name.  What did you put down
for your nameservers?  If you put your ISP, then they have to do it, and
they should be fairly responsive to this kind of request -- unless they
are USWest and have no clue as to what they are doing.  If you picked
two of your systems, then you need to run some kind of DNS service (I
recommend using BINDv8).  In that case, your question is beyond the
scope of this list, and I recommend getting _DNS_and_BIND_, 3rd Ed. from
O'Reilly by Paul Albitz and Cricket Liu.  If you want to use your own
DNS servers but put your ISP's numbers in there, you need to change that
with NIS on their webpage.  Also, I suggest that let your ISP know about
this anyway so that they can maintain the reverse lookup tables (IP addr
to hostname) properly.  But go with someone other than USWest, as they
are very easily confused.

-Chris