Re: [TCLUG:8272] JetDirect revisited

Quoting Clayton T. Fandre (cfandre@maddog.mn-linux.org):
> Bob, when you say PC->print server, what is the PC? Linux or NT or 95?

Linux Box -> Linux Box(print server) -> Networked Printer

> I set up a Linux print server and could print to it from another Linux
> box and also from a NT box via SAMBA and also from NT via a local lpr
> port. All I needed to do is add the hosts to /etc/hosts.lpd on the print
> server.

I got the hosts.lpd and a similar /etc/printcap, but one Linux box when it
does an lpq I get:

connection to printerserver.real-time.com is down

On another Linux box lpq gives me:

printserver: Warning: no daemon present
Rank   Owner      Job  Files                                 Total Size
1st    tanner     5    thief.1daYvP                          19723 bytes

If I print from a Windoze box, to printerserver, using Samba, the Windows box
thinks the printer is paused.

Really weird.
--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700