From: Scott Dier - dieman [mailto:dieman@ringworld.org]
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2000 10:50 PM
To: tclug-list@mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:13004] AP Comp. Sci.

First day of CSci this year (UMN-TC CSci 1901, Scheme) was where the
question was raised, "What do computer scientists do?"

Not only do they program... but they must solve problems.  They must
construct algorythms... among other things I dont remember anymore :)

Scheme is an excellent language for playing around with a method to do
something without having to worry about how your doing with syntax, IMHO.

Plus, it gets you to think about your code. :)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Ben Kochie wrote:

> are we talking about Computer SCIENCE, or are we talking about Computer
> PROGRAMING now?
>
> Thank You,
>         Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)
>
> *-----------------------*  [ - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - ]
> | Unix/Linux Consulting |  [ Haiku Error Message:          ]
> |  PC/Mac Repair        |  [  Chaos reigns within.         ]
> |   Networking          |  [  Reflect, repent, and reboot. ]
> | http://nerp.net       |  [  Order shall return.          ]

Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> #nicnac@efnet 612.301.0265
      destiny's admin       | Robots are most often found in server rooms,
 http://www.ringworld.org   | wire closets, switching stations-basically,
       finger me at         | anywhere that offers maximum expousure to
dieman@destiny.ringworld.org| technology and minimum interaction with
     for gnupg/pgp key      | human beings.