Re: [TCLUG:13004] AP Comp. Sci.

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 11:09:58PM -0600, Michael Hentges wrote:
> Recursion has always made my head hurt. And there are just way, way
> too many ((()))) in lisp/scheme! (and what the @#$#@$ is a "lambda"
> anyway...)

	I think scheme is an excellent choice for a first language for a
computer science student.  It forces you to think about how you write
programs, and what you're really saying when you structure a program in
a particular way.  I'm not thinking that well tonight for some reason,
or I'd explain this better.

> Its not that I don't get it - I aced those "scheme" CSci classes - but
> my brain just doesn't work that way.

	Actually, after playing with it awhile, it's not too hard to
switch back and forth between mindests.  Also, having that other way of
looking at your program at your disposal makes some problems much easier
to solve.

	The thing I'm happiest about at the U of MN is that they seem to
have largely dropped Pascal.  :-)

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature